High schools and colleges are partnering up to help students get a jumpstart on their college careers.
Why start college early?
- Students are more likely to graduate college when they take college courses in high school.
- Save time and money. The more credits you earn in high school, the more you save.
- Explore college courses and choose a major before high school graduation.
Here are some ways high school students can start earning college credit now at Kishwaukee College:
- Dual Credit classes allow students to earn credit that satisfies requirements at their high school and Kish. BONUS: Students take these classes at their high school, meaning there’s no need to arrange special travel, and dual credit classes are often discounted.
- Dual Enrollment means students are enrolled at their high school and Kish simultaneously. Students take college classes outside their normal school day either online or on campus.
- Kish’s Engineering, Math & Science Academy (EMSA) is a program designed for students interested in STEM careers. Students come to campus and take upper level college courses in math and sciences in the morning and return to their high school for the rest of the day.
- Early technical training at the Kishwaukee Education Consortium lets students earn credit while exploring technical careers such as nursing assistance, criminal justice, esthetics, welding, culinary and more!
We have so many great ways for high school students to get an early start on their college career that we’ve outlined how to earn 2 Degrees in 3 Years following high school completion.
Get started at Kish! Registration for Spring 2020 begins online November 4.
Providing quality, affordable education for over 50 years.
21193 Malta Road, Malta, IL 60150