SYCAMORE – The DeKalb County treasurer’s office collected and distributed $220,984,925.54 of real estate tax money to DeKalb taxing bodies.
The taxing bodies throughout DeKalb County and what the total taxes, and percentage of total taxes, distributed to each is as follows:
• $132,014,144 to school districts
• $22,483,866 to DeKalb County
• $15,680,976 to cities and villages
• $13,277,928 to community college districts
• $9,561,752 to tax increment financing districts
• $9,035,984 to township road and bridge districts
• $8,578,494 to park districts
• $4,570,738 to fire protection districts
• $3,963,577 to library districts
• $1,580,434 to the DeKalb County Forest Preserve
• $237,027 to drainage districts
The final distribution also includes $152,405.39 in interest the treasurer’s office earned for the taxing bodies, while the funds were in the treasurer’s custody, according to a news release from DeKalb County Treasurer Christine Johnson.