DeKALB – The DeKalb Chamber of Commerce and the ATHENA Committee have announced six finalists for this year’s award, given annually to local women who have been leaders and mentors to others in the community.
The ATHENA Award reception is set for 6 p.m. Oct. 22 at the Barsema Alumni and Visitors Center on the Northern Illinois University campus.
This year’s event will mark 30 years of recognizing the achievements of local women.
This year’s finalists are:
• Debra Boughton of NIU Athletics
• Amanda Christensen, DeKalb County regional superintendent of education
• Tynisha Clegg, executive director, Family Service Agency
• Amy Doll, executive director, DeKalb Park District
• Terresa Goodman, Bill White’s C.A.R. Hospital
• Kim Launer, Royal Travel and Tours
Also at the event, two women will be honored as 2019 Women of Accomplishment. Susan Doubler and Margaret Phillips both retired from NIU.
The public is welcome to attend the award ceremony. Tickets cost $30 each and registration closes Oct. 14.
Reservations can be made by calling the DeKalb Chamber of Commerce at 815-756-6306 or visiting the website at www.dekalb.org. ATHENA International is a program sponsored locally by the DeKalb Chamber of Commerce, DeKalb-Sycamore Chevrolet-Buick-GMC and the Daily Chronicle.