Digital Access

Digital Access
Access daily-chronicle.com and all Shaw Media Illinois content from all your digital devices and receive breaking news and updates from around the area.

Home Delivery

Home Delivery
Local news, prep sports, Chicago sports, local and regional entertainment, business, home and lifestyle, food, classified and more!

Text Alerts

Text Alerts
Choose your news! Select the text alerts you want to receive: breaking news, prep sports scores, school closings, weather, and more.

Email Newsletters

Email Newsletters
We'll deliver news & updates to your inbox. Sign up for free e-newsletters today.
Letters to the Editor

Letter: Kinzinger ignores his constituents

To the Editor:

Rep. Adam Kinzinger states “bipartisanship is critical,” yet he castigates and demonizes the Speaker of the House in a poison pen email. He claims the Democrats are going to the extreme and totally misrepresents the point of view of the other side.

He never engages constituents in conversations that allow for civil debate. His staff will not sit down and talk with constituents who have a point of view different from him, and it is difficult to acquire how he voted on a given piece of legislation even when given the number of the legislation.

Kinzinger’s duplicity amazes me. On CNN and PBS, he takes a centrist position. Yet his voting record does not live up to the centrist positions he espouses. He is like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

He has yet to comment on the more than 6,000 lies that President Donald Trump has promulgated from the White House.

Kinzinger and the GOP enabled the Trump administration to separate children at the border – which is against international law. Our representative did nothing to investigate and put a check on this abhorrent situation. Kinzinger and the GOP held no hearings on gun violence, and on a radio talk show he told us how much he loves his assault weapon.

How can he say he represents the whole district when he refuses to talk to 41 percent of the people he is called to serve?

I challenge him to hold a town hall meeting where constituents can ask direct questions and have a dialog. When I ask his staff when the next town hall will occur, they tell me to check the local papers. I then give them my email and ask them to contact me, but they will not.

Kinzinger was elected by 59 percent of the district, but the other 41 percent he continues to ignore.

Rev. Kenneth R. Storck

Rockford

Loading more