DeKALB – Sweets4Troops is collecting leftover Halloween candy until Nov. 18.
Sweets4Troops is an annual initiative founded by Michael Embrey, a DeKalb County businessman and veteran who wanted to make the holidays a little sweeter for military personnel serving overseas, according to a news release from Sweet4Troops.
The initiative is a charity of 501(c)(3) organization Kishwaukee Fest. The program collects unwanted or leftover Halloween candy and letters from local children to send as care packages. In 2017, Sweets4Troops collected 950 pounds of candy and more than 200 letters, the release said.
These locations will be drop-off points:
• The FUN Companies, 650 Peace Road, Suite F, DeKalb
• DeKalb Fire Station No. 1, 700 Pine St.
• Sycamore Fire Department, 535 DeKalb Avenue, Sycamore
• Daily Chronicle, 1586 Barber Greene Road, DeKalb
• Le Print Express, 1950 DeKalb Ave., Sycamore
For information, email Embrey at M.Embrey@FunMEEvents.com or call 815-756-1263.