What could be better than dinner under the stars on a fall evening in historic downtown Sycamore?
The Sycamore Chamber of Commerce recently treated the community to just that – a Farm To Table Dinner.
Dinner guests were given a one-of-a kind unforgettable shared table experience. They dined and mingled with friends and neighbors at sunset, beneath the stars, under a canopy of twinkling lights.
As guests arrived, they were serenaded by the soothing sounds of violin music and surrounded by lush natural greenery provided by Blumen Gardens.
The evening began with a toast. Jesus Romero from Taxco Restaurant prepared a hand-crafted aperitif, a cocktail sipped before a meal to stimulate the appetite.
The authentic meal was then served al fresco, and sourced from the freshest and most seasonal ingredients available. Chef Randy White of the Pantry Café expertly prepared the five-course meal, featuring farm fresh vegetables, fruits and herbs.
Paired with each course was a delicious local Illinois wine provided by Prairie On State Wine Cellars.
The dinner menu included:
• Soup – Apple and sweet potato, garnished with crisp apple chips.
• Appetizer – Tempura fried zucchini served with a lemon aioli.
• Salad – Frisée lettuce, roasted beats, goat cheese and candied walnuts finished with a balsamic reduction.
• Entrée – Grilled ribeye, roasted asparagus, charred sweet corn and tomato confit finished with a chipotlé butter sauce.
• Dessert: Apple cobbler pie and vanilla bean ice cream.
This event was presented by the Sycamore Chamber of Commerce in partnership with Heartland Bank and Trust Co., The Pantry Café, Blumen Gardens, Taxco Restaurant Too and Tequila Bar, Prairie On State Wine Cellars, Theis Farm Market, Shady Tree Farm Market, and Little Red Truck Apiary.
Be sure to save the date for 2019 – Sept. 26. Visit www.discoversycamore.com for more information about Sycamore’s upcoming happenings and events.
• RoseMarie Treml is executive director of the Sycamore Chamber of Commerce.