SYCAMORE – No one reported feeling ill after a carbon monoxide detector alerted the Sycamore Fire Department of higher than average levels of the gas Tuesday morning in the city government building.
Several fire trucks and a Nicor vehicle could be seen about 8 a.m. Tuesday outside the Sycamore Center, 308 W. State St., after crews responded to the alert, Sycamore Assistant Fire Chief Art Zern said.
"[They] did have an issue with a boiler in the basement," Zern said. "There were some levels in the building that were higher than they should be."
Firefighters evacuated areas with large groups of people in the building and opened doors to ventilate it, Zern said. He said that no one complained of any symptoms that might indicate carbon monoxide poisoning, Zern said.
Officials were on the scene until about 10 a.m.