DeKalb High School will host the Varsity Vocals International Championship of High School A Cappella Midwest Semifinal at 7 p.m. March 10.
Varsity Vocals is the home of student a cappella competitions. Their programs give college and high school singers the opportunity to interact, compete, learn from each other, get feedback from the pros, and perform in venues around the globe. Their tournaments feature more than 600 groups at more than 85 events worldwide.
DeKalb High School’s Enharmonic Fusion, which was awarded first place at the Midwest Quarterfinal, will be among the competitors. Enharmonic Fusion was formed in 2010. It has performed for many organizations and events throughout the community. DHS a cappella ensembles have made seven appearances at the ICHSA National Finals, including a fourth-place finish by Enharmonic Fusion in 2010 and a second-place finish in 2017.
• Limited Edition from Port Washington High School, Port Washington, Wisconsin
• Graftonics from Grafton High School, Grafton, Wisconsin
• Echo Effect from Niles West High School, Niles
• Knight Club from Oak Creek High School, Oak Creek, Wisconsin
• Viva Voice from Ladue Horton Watkins High School, St. Louis, Missouri
• Soundproof from the Overland Park, Kansas, area
• Vocal Harmonies Supplied from Urbana High School
• Vocal Point from Gale-Ettrick- Tempealeau, Galesville, Wisconsin
• The Accidentals from Southwest Christian High School, Chaska, Minnesota
Tickets can be bought at www.varsityvocals.com; this show may sell out. Tickets also may be available at the door on the night of the event.