GENOA – It took firefighters about 45 minutes to control a fire that ignited this morning at Cutters Family Hair Care on West Main Street, but they couldn't stop it from causing severe damage to the business and upstairs apartments.
Firefighters on the scene said it's not clear yet where the fire started in the property at 225 W. Main St., but they suspect it ignited on the first floor and moved up to the second floor.
One Sycamore firefighter was hurt and taken to Northwestern Medicine Kishwaukee Hospital, according to Sycamore Fire Chief Pete Polarek.
According to an online listing, the business was expected to be open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. today.
This story will be updated.