DeKALB – Colleen Parks from Northwestern Medicine and members of her team will provide a brief introduction to the advance care planning program during a presentation at 6:30 p.m. Nov. 13 at the DeKalb Public Library, 309 Oak St.
The goal of this discussion is for participants to identify the importance of the advance care planning process and the completion of an advance directive. After the discussion, participants will be able to:
• Understand the difference between advance care planning and advance directives.
• Identify the types of advance directives and their basic components.
• Describe key ways to improve communication around individual health care goals, values and wishes.
• Name common barriers to effective conversations regarding individual health care decisions and preferences.
• Identify at least two key resources for advance care planning.
This program is free and open to all adults. No registration is required. It will be held in the lower level Zimmerman Meeting Room.
For information, contact Samantha at email@example.com or 815-756-9568, ext. 1701.