[Candace H. Johnson – For Shaw Media]
7. Lake Zurich (9-0, 6): If anything, tough North Suburban schedule prepared them well for postseason. Up next: Saturday vs. Schaumburg.
6. East St. Louis (8-1, 7): Pound for pound, might be the most talented team in the state. Up next: Saturday vs. Libertyville.
5. Marist (9-0, 5): One of just three Class 8A teams to escape regular season without loss. Up next: Friday vs. Oak Park-River Forest.
4. Phillips (9-0, 4): Class 5A favorite had absolutely no problem in CPL Playoff opener. Up next: Friday vs. Morgan Park at Gately.
3. Maine South (8-1, 3): Central Suburban South teams posted little resistance, have a rematch with one now. Up next: Friday vs. Evanston.