DeKALB – DeKalb police have arrested 10 people and 13 others still are wanted on drug charges stemming from a months-long investigation into drug sales in the city, authorities said Thursday.
Over the past several months, DeKalb police investigated multiple complaints about sales of cocaine, crack cocaine, marijuana and prescription drugs, according to a police news release.
All of the accused are people who have been associated with previous alleged drug dealers, DeKalb police detective Lt. Bob Redel said.
“Sometimes we get an informant selling from Chicago, but these are all people selling in DeKalb or around DeKalb,” he said.
Eight people were arrested in the past two weeks on charges of unlawful delivery of a controlled substance within 1,000 feet of a school, which is punishable by up to 15 years in prison:
• Devante Robinson, 27, of Chicago
• Will Lewis, 25, of DeKalb
• Aisha Jones, 27, of DeKalb
• Dangelo Henry, 30, of DeKalb
• Jamie Spencer, 33, of DeKalb
• Stephanie Bax, 19, of DeKalb
• James Stewart, 54, of DeKalb
• Kevin Sifft, 25, of Sandwich
Both Andrew DeLeon, 30, of DeKalb, and Parker Faust, 20, of Island Lake, were arrested for unlawful possession of marijuana with the intent to deliver, punishable by up to three years in prison.
Thirteen remain wanted in connection with the investigation:
• Raul Ramos-Montoya, 30, of DeKalb
• Ricky Smith, 27, of DeKalb
• Benjamin Anthenat, 23, of Sycamore
• Arturo Maldonado, 25, of Sycamore
• Scott Lohr, 46, of DeKalb
• James Davidson, 21, of Oak Park
• Dylan Donzelli, 22, of DeKalb
• Markus Williams, 22, of Warrenville
• Matthew Masciola, 23, of DeKalb
• Franklin Haywood, 21, of Elgin
• Lynn Palmer, 46, of DeKalb
• Samuel Grant, 25, of DeKalb
• Colin Martin, 20, of Chicago
Note to readers: This story has changed twice since its initial publication because the initial news release from police linked additional people to the investigation whose charges were unrelated.