DeKALB – No injuries were reported in a fire at 706 N. Annie Glidden Road on Saturday afternoon.
DeKalb Fire Chief Eric Hicks reported crews were dispatched to the home about 1:30 p.m. for a report of a bed on fire on the second floor of the building. When they arrived, smoke poured from a second-floor window.
Firefighters had the fire under control about 12 minutes after they arrived, Hicks said. Fire department investigators believe the fire was accidental, causing about $15,000 damage to the home.
The family was relocated with the assistance of the American Red Cross.