Since 1999, a team of University of Illinois agricultural economists has shared applied research, educational information, and analysis on the farmdoc website, www.farmdoc.illinois.edu, with agricultural producers and businesses. Farmdoc is expanding its reach by launching an informational series of webinars.
Registration is free, but registration is required, and each webinar is limited to 1,000 attendees. To register for one or all of the webinars, visit farmdoc.illinois.edu/webinars.
Each webinar will be limited to one hour. The format will be fast-paced, with about 30 minutes of presentation and 30 minutes for questions and answers. The webinars can be viewed on desktop computers, laptop computers, and mobile devices. Technical requirements for the webinar are available at farmdoc.illinois.edu/webinars.
• March 5, 8 a.m., “Understanding the Price Loss Coverage and Agriculture Risk Coverage programs in the 2014 Farm Bill,” presented by Jonathan Coppess
• March 12, 8 a.m., “Farm Bill: SCO and Crop Insurance,” presented by Nick Paulson
• March 19, 8 a.m., “Crop Economic Outlook 2014,” presented by Gary Schnitkey
• March 26, 8 a.m., “Introduction and Strategic Implementation of the Dairy Producer Margin Protection Program,” presented by John Newton
• March 31, 2 p.m., “Implications of USDA’s March 1 Grain Stocks and Prospective Plantings Reports for Corn and Soybean Balance Sheets and Price Prospects,” presented by Darrel Good and Scott Irwin