Sorority chapter offers scholarships
The Rockford Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc. awards scholarships to African American senior high school females who plan to attend a college or university.
Scholarship funds are to be used for books, tuition, housing or fees. The qualifications are as follows:
• Be an African-American high school female living in Rockford, Beloit, Freeport, DeKalb and vicinity.
• Must be involved in the community and school.
• Have minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 2.5 or above (official transcript must be included.)
• Must include a typed essay.
• Must include with application packet, two mandatory letters of recommendation: One letter from a teacher, counselor or principal and another letter from an extracurricular or community service source.
• Participate in a personal interview (date, time and location to be determined after March 13; all qualified applicants will be notified by phone.)
Applications can be obtained from the following sources: All area high schools, public libraries and members of the organization or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application must be sent to P.O. Box 365, Rockford, IL 61105 and postmarked by March 13. The application must include all the above materials.