DeKALB – DeKalb County buildings, including the courthouse, will be open Tuesday, while no DeKalb County public schools will be in session.
Local public school districts because of cold weather and gusting winds. Northern Illinois University will be closed until Wednesday morning.
But about noon Monday, DeKalb County Sheriff Roger Scott said he expected that road conditions would allow county buildings to open Tuesday. He planned to monitor road conditions throughout the day and consult with DeKalb County Presiding Judge Robbin Stuckert.
Scott said he expected drifting snow likely would continue in rural areas, but plows should be able to clear much of it early Tuesday.
Other local closing information includes:
• The Beth Fowler School of Dance in Genoa and St. Charles and Tropic Tan in Genoa will be closed Tuesday.
• Kishwaukee College
• Sycamore Child Care
• Salvation Army Food Pantry in DeKalb
• Once Upon A Time Child Care in Sycamore
• Genoa city Committee of the Whole meeting has been canceled tonight.
• Northern Illinois University has canceled classes. That includes all NIU Lifelong Learning Institute study groups.
• St. Mary School in DeKalb
• The Kishwaukee Sunrise Rotary
• The Kishwaukee College Board of Trustees' Finance Committee will hold its regulary scheduled meeting at 9:30 a.m. today in Room C2175.
• Genoa-Kingtson District 424 school is canceled today. School board has rescheduled today's night meeting for 6 p.m. Feb. 4.
• The Voluntary Action Center in DeKalb will be providing limited service today. The VAC will operate its Green Line, Blue Line and Para-transit transportation in DeKalb and Sycamore only until 6 p.m. Limited Med VAC service will be available, but the Meals on Wheels and Senior Luncheon programs are canceled.
• The DeKalb Park District's Pool Consideration Committee meeting has been canceled. The next meeting will be Feb. 3.
• The Center for Family Health in Malta
• The Family Service Agency in DeKalb
• Sycamore Park District offices, programs and community center
Check back at www.daily-chronicle.com for more weather closures.