Programs team art exhibit with faculty
In conjunction with the NIU School of Art Faculty Exhibition, the Northern Illinois University Art Museum has planned programming for the months of January and February.
The exhibition will be on display until Feb. 15. For more information, visit www.niu.edu/artmuseum.
All events take place in Room 315, Altgeld Hall, unless otherwise noted.
• Jan. 16: 5 to 5:50 p.m., Jeff Karl Kowalski, “Time Travel and Ritual Performance at the Nunnery Quadrangle of Uxmal, Yucatan, Mexico,” slide lecture.
• Jan. 22: 5 to 5:50 p.m., Richard Siegesmund, “The aesthetics of John Dewey as a basis for Arts-Based Research,” lecture and show and tell
• Jan. 23: 5 to 5:50 p.m., Karen Brown, “Edible,” artist slide talk
• Jan. 29: 12:10 to 12:50 p.m., Barbara Jaffee, “Re-Examining the New Art Examiner,” informal talk
• Feb. 1: 1 to 4 p.m., Karen Brown, Guided Art Critique Workshop (bring a work of your art to explore privately, as well as publicly)
• Feb. 4: 12:10 to 12:50 p.m., Michael Barnes, “Searching for Dry Land,” artist slide talk
• Feb. 5: 12:10 to 12:50 p.m., Rebecca Houze, “Home as Living Museum: Ethnographic Display and the 1896 Millennial Exhibition in Budapest,” slide lecture
• Feb. 6: 5 to 5:50 p.m., Peter Olson and Catherine Raymond, “Birds & Buddhas: Writing For and Illustrating Academic Journals,” informal slide talk
• Feb. 10: 5 to 5:50 p.m., Sarah Evans, “Cindy Sherman’s Scenes of Production,” slide lecture
• Feb. 11: 5 to 5:50 p.m., Michael Rea, “Stacking Metaphors,” artist slide talk
• Feb. 12: 4:30 to 6 p.m., Closing Reception, NIU Art Museum, first floor, west end Altgeld Hall
Parking is available during artist lectures in the lot northeast of Gilbert Drive and College Avenue.
Programming is sponsored by the NIU Art Museum, in conjunction with its biennial exhibition of new work and research by current full- and part-time faculty of the NIU School of Art.
The NIU Art Museum is located on the first floor, west end of Altgeld Hall. Museum hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and noon to 4 p.m. Saturday. Large group visits and guided tours may be arranged by appointment. More information can be found at www.niu.edu/artmuseum.