DeKALB – The DeKalb County Health Department is partnering with DeKalb Iron and Metal (DIMCO) to recycle Christmas lights this season.
The recycling program will run from Nov. 18 until Jan. 13. Lights that will be accepted are mini-lights (or Italian lights), C7 lights, C9 lights, rope lights, LED lights and extension cords.
Rather than throwing away lights that no longer work, residents are asked to recycle them.
Used lights and cords will be accepted during normal business hours at the following locations:
• DeKalb Park District Sports & Rec Center, 1765 S. Fourth St., DeKalb
• Haish Gym, 303 S. Ninth St., DeKalb
• City of DeKalb Municipal Building, 200 S. Fourth St.
• DeKalb County Health Department, 2550 N. Annie Glidden Road, DeKalb
• Sycamore Center, 308 W. State St., Sycamore
• DeKalb County Farm Bureau, 1350 Prairie Drive, Sycamore
• Genoa City Hall, 333 E. First St.
• Sandwich City Hall, 144 E. Railroad St.
• Screwballs T-shirts and Signs, 125 E. Lincoln Highway, Waterman
For more information, contact Christel Springmire, solid waste and recycling coordinator, at 815-758-6673.