Overcast
32°FOvercastFull Forecast

Fire damages stairwell in DeKalb home

Published: Monday, Aug. 19, 2013 10:25 a.m. CST • Updated: Monday, Aug. 19, 2013 10:35 a.m. CST
Caption
(Provided photo)
A fire caused about $15,000 in damage this morning to a house at 113 E. Roosevelt St. in DeKalb, fire officials said.

DeKALB – A fire caused about $15,000 in damage this morning to a house at 113 E. Roosevelt St. in DeKalb, fire officials said.

Officials believe faulty electrical wiring started the blaze. They were called to the house at 5:57 a.m. for a report of a fire in the home's rear stairwell.

By the time crews arrived, all occupants had been evacuated, and crews controlled the flames, which were contained to the stairwell area, within five minutes, according to the release.

No injuries were reported.

Get breaking and town-specific news sent to your phone. Sign up for text alerts from the Daily Chronicle.

Watch Now

Player embeded on all DDC instances for analytics purposes.

NIU Hospital Visit

More videos »

Reader Poll

Which Christmas song do you like the least?
"Santa Baby"
"Do They Know It's Christmas?"
"Last Christmas"
Anything by Mannheim Steamroller
The Chipmunks' "The Christmas Song"