Fog/Mist
21°FFog/MistFull Forecast

Dryer fire damages DeKalb house

Published: Monday, July 22, 2013 4:09 p.m. CST • Updated: Monday, July 22, 2013 11:52 p.m. CST
Caption
(Photo provided by DeKalb Fire Chief Eric Hicks)
DeKalb firefighters responded to a fire inside 704 Glidden Avenue on Monday.

DeKALB – DeKalb firefighters responded to a fire at 704 Glidden Ave. that caused an estimated $1,500 in damages.

Fire crews were called to the house at 1:04 p.m. after the home's occupants were alerted by a smoke detector near their dryer unit. The cause of the fire is still under investigation, but its origin point was behind the dryer in the house, said Deputy Chief Greg Hoyle.

No one was injured and the house is still inhabitable, Hoyle said.

Get breaking and town-specific news sent to your phone. Sign up for text alerts from the Daily Chronicle.

Watch Now

Player embeded on all DDC instances for analytics purposes.

Nov. 24 Rod Carey press conference

More videos »

Reader Poll

What's the longest document you've written?
Less than 1,000 words
1,000 to 5,000 words
5,000 to 10,000 words
10,000 to 50,000 words
More than 50,000 words