Fair
39°FFairFull Forecast

Dryer fire damages DeKalb house

Published: Monday, July 22, 2013 4:09 p.m. CDT • Updated: Monday, July 22, 2013 11:52 p.m. CDT
Caption
(Photo provided by DeKalb Fire Chief Eric Hicks)
DeKalb firefighters responded to a fire inside 704 Glidden Avenue on Monday.

DeKALB – DeKalb firefighters responded to a fire at 704 Glidden Ave. that caused an estimated $1,500 in damages.

Fire crews were called to the house at 1:04 p.m. after the home's occupants were alerted by a smoke detector near their dryer unit. The cause of the fire is still under investigation, but its origin point was behind the dryer in the house, said Deputy Chief Greg Hoyle.

No one was injured and the house is still inhabitable, Hoyle said.

Get breaking and town-specific news sent to your phone. Sign up for text alerts from the Daily Chronicle.

Watch Now

Player embeded on all DDC instances for analytics purposes.

NIU-Eastern Michigan postgame: Rod Carey

More videos »

Reader Poll

Which is your favorite quote from John F. Kennedy?
“Ask not what your country can do for you ...”
“Things do not happen. Things are made to happen.”
“Ich bin ein Berliner.”
“Man must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind.”