Fog/Mist
19°FFog/MistFull Forecast

Carbon monoxide leak empties Resource Bank

Published: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 5:30 a.m. CST

DeKALB – Resource Bank was evacuated for about an hour and a half Monday morning because of a minor carbon monoxide leak.

Workers at 555 Bethany Road smelled an odor about 8:30 a.m. and called authorities, DeKalb Fire Chief Eric Hicks said. Carbon monoxide is a colorless and odorless toxic gas commonly present in exhaust from internal combustion engines, including most vehicles and portable and backup generators.

“When we got there, we found the generator had started up and was putting some fumes in the building,” Hicks said.

DeKalb and Sycamore firefighters ventilated the building. No injuries were reported, and the building opened about 10 a.m.

Get breaking and town-specific news sent to your phone. Sign up for text alerts from the Daily Chronicle.

Watch Now

Player embeded on all DDC instances for analytics purposes.

Nov. 24 Rod Carey press conference

More videos »

Reader Poll

What's the longest document you've written?
Less than 1,000 words
1,000 to 5,000 words
5,000 to 10,000 words
10,000 to 50,000 words
More than 50,000 words