By Daily Chronicle

Carbon monoxide leak empties Resource Bank

DeKALB – Resource Bank was evacuated for about an hour and a half Monday morning because of a minor carbon monoxide leak.

Workers at 555 Bethany Road smelled an odor about 8:30 a.m. and called authorities, DeKalb Fire Chief Eric Hicks said. Carbon monoxide is a colorless and odorless toxic gas commonly present in exhaust from internal combustion engines, including most vehicles and portable and backup generators.

“When we got there, we found the generator had started up and was putting some fumes in the building,” Hicks said.

DeKalb and Sycamore firefighters ventilated the building. No injuries were reported, and the building opened about 10 a.m.

Copyright © 2014 Northwest Herald. All rights reserved.