Mostly Cloudy
60°FMostly CloudyFull Forecast

Carbon monoxide leak empties Resource Bank

Published: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 5:30 a.m. CDT

DeKALB – Resource Bank was evacuated for about an hour and a half Monday morning because of a minor carbon monoxide leak.

Workers at 555 Bethany Road smelled an odor about 8:30 a.m. and called authorities, DeKalb Fire Chief Eric Hicks said. Carbon monoxide is a colorless and odorless toxic gas commonly present in exhaust from internal combustion engines, including most vehicles and portable and backup generators.

“When we got there, we found the generator had started up and was putting some fumes in the building,” Hicks said.

DeKalb and Sycamore firefighters ventilated the building. No injuries were reported, and the building opened about 10 a.m.

Get breaking and town-specific news sent to your phone. Sign up for text alerts from the Daily Chronicle.

Watch Now

Player embeded on all DDC instances for analytics purposes.

NIU-Miami postgame

More videos »

Reader Poll

Would you support holding a referendum that proposes removing "the corrupting influence of money on our political system"?
Yes
No