RXML parse error: Attribute 'src' cannot be empty | <emit format="jpeg" jpeg-quality="1" nodata="1" source="cimg" src=""> | <cache minutes="5" variable="var.picture-src"> | <trimlines> | <cache enable-protocol-cache="yes">
RXML parse error: Error in expr attribute: syntax error, unexpected '*' | <set expr="floor( * 540)" variable="var.adjustedW"> | <cache minutes="5" variable="var.picture-src"> | <trimlines> | <cache enable-protocol-cache="yes">
Tuesday's winter storm already has caused cancellations and postponements. Here is our running list, which will be updated throughout Tuesday.
If you know of an area cancellation/postponement that is not on this list, please email email@example.com with more information.
Local schools and extracurriculars
• Northern Illinois University has canceled classes as of 12:30 p.m. today. Campus offices and facilities remain operational. Classes will resume at 8 a.m. Wednesday.
• DeKalb School District 428 has canceled school.
• Sycamore School District 427 has canceled school.
• Genoa-Kingston School District 424 has canceled school.
• Kaneland School District 302 has canceled school.
• Hinckley-Big Rock School District 429 has canceled school.
• Indian Creek School District 425 has canceled school.
• Hiawatha School District 426 has canceled school.
• Sandwich School District 430 has canceled school.
• St. Mary School in DeKalb has canceled school.
• Kishwaukee College has canceled all classes.
• Kishwaukee Education Consortium has canceled classes.
• ABC Preschool in Sycamore will be closed Tuesday.
• Federated Preschool in Sycamore will be closed Tuesday.
• The Northern Illinois Big 12 choral festival to be held at DeKalb High School has been postponed.
• The IHSA Class 4A Boys Basketball Sectional at DeKalb has been postponed a day. The new schedule is as follows:
Wednesday – Larkin vs Jefferson at 7:30 p.m.
Thursday – Boylan vs Crystal Lake Central at 7:30 p.m.
Friday – Winner of Game 1 vs Winner of Game 2
• The Sycamore-St. Francis Class 3A Freeport Sectional semifinal has been postponed to 7:30 p.m. Thursday.
• The IHSA Class 2A/1A Boys Basketball Super-Sectionals at NIU have been postponed to Wednesday. The schedule will remain the same.
You can also check the Emergency Closing Center website here.
Other local activities
• Neighbors' House Homework Help Nights and Reading and Homework clubs are canceled Tuesday.
• Sycamore Public Library will close at 3 p.m. Tuesday. It will re-open at 9 a.m. Wednesday.
• Sycamore Park District will close all of its facilities and cancel all of its programs effective at 2:30 p.m., today. It will resume a normal schedule Wednesday.
• Family Service Agency of DeKalb County is closed Tuesday.
• Sycamore Chamber of Commerce Ambassador's Meeting has been canceled.
• First United Methodist Church of DeKalb's offices are closed Tuesday.
• The DeKalb Public Library will be closed Tuesday.
• The Village of Maple Park Trustees meeting has been postponed to March 12.
• The Joiner History Room, DeKalb County archive will be closed Tuesday. The room will reopen on Thursday.
• Once Upon A Time Child Care in Sycamore will be closed Tuesday.
• Genoa Public Library will be closed Tuesday. It will re-open at 10 a.m. Wednesday.
• Sycamore Child Care will be closed Tuesday.
• Evangelical Free Church of Sycamore-DeKalb's offices will be closed Tuesday.
• The DeKalb Salvation Army Food Pantry will be closed Tuesday.
• Relay For Life of DeKalb County Committee and Team Captain meeting has been postponed to March 12 at 6 and 7 p.m., respectively.
• Ollie's in Sycamore will be closed Tuesday.
• All Kishwaukee YMCA programs and classes will be cancelled Tuesday. Swim Team will practice as scheduled unless notified by DCST. The YMCA facility will remain open. If both Sycamore and DeKalb School Districts are closed for the day Wednesday, thenall YMCA classes and programs will be canceled until 2:30 p.m. At 3 p.m., the YMCA will determine if the conditions have improved enough for afternoon and evening classes can take place.
• Iddy Biddy Pool School has canceled Tuesday morning classes.
• Maple Park Public Library will be closed and its board meeting has been canceled.
• The Kishwaukee Sunrise Rotary Club meeting, scheduled for 7 a.m. Tuesday at the Kishwaukee Hospital, has been canceled.
• DeKalb Clinic announced it will be closed Tuesday.
• We Care Pregnancy Clinic in DeKalb will be closed Tuesday.
• The Egyptian Theatre has postponed its showing of "Singin' in the Rain" to March 21. Tickets purchased will be honored for that day.
• The Workshop for the Union/Virgil Ditches & East Branch of the Kishwaukee River Watershed scheduled for 7 p.m. Tuesday at the DeKalb County Farm Bureau is canceled. Interested persons are strongly encouraged to attend a second Workshop scheduled for Thursday at the DeKalb County Community Foundation, located at 475 DeKalb Avenue in Sycamore.
• The NIU STEM Teen Read event has been postponed.
• Family Podiatry will close at noon on Tuesday.
• Merry Maids of Sycamore office is closed Tuesday, will re-open at 8 a.m. Wednesday.
• Sweet Dream Desserts will be closing for lunch Tuesday.
• The DeKalb County Clerk's Office will end pre-election day voting at the legislative center in Sycamore at 4 p.m. Tuesday, rather than the originally scheduled 7 p.m. Pre-election day voting hours will be extended until 6 p.m. Wednesday.
• The Malta Fire Protection District board rescheduled its meeting Tuesday for 7 p.m. March 12.
• Rosita's in DeKalb will be closing at 4 p.m. Tuesday.
• The Beth Fowler School of Dance and Tropic Tan, both in Genoa, closed Tuesday afternoon and plan to resume normal hours Wednesday.
• Tapa La Luna will be closed Tuesday.