DeKalb McDonald’s undergoing renovations

Published: Friday, March 1, 2013 5:30 a.m.CDT • Updated: Friday, March 1, 2013 10:05 a.m.CDT

DeKALB – Some DeKalb residents will need to find another venue for their morning coffee runs and meals while McDonald’s at 245 E. Lincoln Highway is being renovated.

The restaurant closed for the project last week and isn’t expected to reopen until mid-summer.

DeKalb Principal Planner Derek Hiland said the plan involves razing the building within the next few weeks and repositioning it on the property to allow for dual drive-thru lanes.

“We looked at it from the position to mitigate the stacking of vehicles at lunchtime and dinnertime,” he said. “The repositioning of the drive-thru of the restaurant will hopefully mitigate that.”

DeKalb City Manager Mark Biernacki said the City Council approved the zoning process for the demolition and rebuilding of the restaurant last summer, and now McDonald’s is ready to put the plan in motion.

Biernacki said restaurants such as McDonald’s claim a greater percentage of their revenues comes from drive-thru traffic.

He said he hopes the new McDonald’s drive-thru no exception.

“Perhaps we’ll see a net increase in revenues as a result,” he said.

Watch Now

Player embeded on all DDC instances for analytics purposes.

Sycamore Defeats DeKalb at NIU - April 17, 2014

More videos

Reader Poll

Do you think there is life on other planets?
Yes
No