Tuesday's winter storm has caused several cancellations/postponements. We will update this list as more information becomes available. DeKalb County remains under a winter weather advisory until 6 a.m. Wednesday, according to the National Weather Service.
If you know of an area cancellation/postponement that is not on this list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with more information.
Local schools and extracurriculars
• Northern Illinois Univeristy: Classes at all NIU campuses are canceled as of 5 p.m. Classes will resume at 8 a.m. Wednesday.
• DeKalb High School: Classes dismissed at 2 p.m. today. All after school activites at DeKalb High School for Tuesday have been canceled. The boys basketball regional game at Rockford East has been postponed to 6 p.m. Wednesday. The wrestling banquet has been postponed to Tuesday, March 5 at 6 p.m. in the cafeteria.
• Sycamore High School: All after school activities have been canceled for tonight. Boys basketball at IHSA Class 3A Burlington Central Regional has been postponed to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Kaneland High School: Boys basketball at IHSA Class 3A IMSA Regional semifinals has been postponed to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Hinckley-Big Rock District 429: Classes dismissed at 1 p.m. today.
• DeKalb Middle Schools: Classes dismissed at 2 p.m. today.
• North Grove Elementary: All after school activities have been canceled for tonight. After-school music programs, Big Brothers Big Sisters and Homework Buddies are canceled.
• Sycamore Middle School: All after school activities have been canceled for tonight. Spartan REACH has been canceled for tonight.
• Kishwaukee College: School to close with no classes after 1 p.m. today.
• St. Mary School in DeKalb: Classes dismissed at 1:45 p.m. There will be bus service. Tonight's basketball games and band concert have been canceled.
• Indian Creek schools: Classes dismissed at 1:30 p.m. All after-school activities have been canceled for tonight.
Other local activities
• DeKalb Park District: swim lessons, martial arts, exercise programs, the Haish Wellness Center and open gym have been canceled.
• Christ Community Church is closing at 5 p.m. and all ministries have been canceled.
• Sycamore Park District: Zumba Gold program at the community center has been canceled.
• Maple Park Library is closing at 5:30 p.m. today.
• Kishwaukee YMCA programs and activities scheduled for after 3 p.m. are canceled. Swim team will practice as scheduled, unless notified by DCST. The YMCA facilities will remain open.
• The DeKalb Clinic will close at 3 p.m.
• The Egyptian Theatre has postponed tonight's showing of Gone With the Wind to 6:30 p.m. Wednesday. Tickets purchased for tonight's showing will be good for Wednesday.
• The Northern Illinois University Colleges against Cancer Relay for Life Kick-Off, scheduled for 6-7:30 p.m. this evening in Neptune Central has been postponed and will be rescheduled.
• Swimming classes at Iddy Biddy Pool School are canceled for tonight.
• Sycamore Child Care: Closing at 3:30 p.m.
• Neighbors House: Homework help night and Gideon Court homework club are canceled.
• Debbie's Dance Dimensions: Classes are canceled.
• Salvation Army: Women's group meeting has been canceled.
• DCTA CARES: Tutoring scheduled for 4 to 5 p.m. at New Hope Missionary Church has been canceled.
• NIU STEM: Teen Read scheduled for 7 p.m. tonight in Graham Hall has been postponed until March 5.
• DeKalb Public Library: The library will close at 4 p.m. today. Muslim Journey program scheduled for 7 p.m. tonight has been postponed until March 26.
• Family Service Agency in DeKalb will close at 2:30 p.m.
• DeKalb: A parking prohibition has been declared on all snow routes because the city has exceeded more than two inches of snowfall. Residents of DeKalb are strongly encouraged to remove their cars from all City streets to facilitate snow removal operations during this snow event.
• Tapa La Luna in DeKalb is closed tonight because of the weather. It will be open Wednesday.
• Ollie's Frozen Custard closed at 2:30 p.m. today.