By JILLIAN DUCHNOWSKI - jduchnowski@shawmedia.com

No injuries reported in DeKalb house fire

DeKALB – A woman woke up about 7:20 a.m. Wednesday to a fire in her basement that caused about $70,000 in damages at 1626 Carlisle Lane, DeKalb Deputy Fire Chief Greg Hoyle said.

Firefighters arrived at the scene to find smoke billowing out of the front door of the ranch house, which is west of First Street and north of West Hillcrest Drive, Hoyle said. The flames were contained to the laundry room, but smoke damage was spread throughout the home.

Fire investigators determined the fire started near the electrical service panel in the basement near the laundry room. The homeowner reported hearing two large booms in the basement before discovering the fire, Hoyle said.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright © 2014 Northwest Herald. All rights reserved.