Overcast
68°FOvercastFull Forecast

No injuries reported in DeKalb house fire

Published: Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2013 9:48 a.m. CDT • Updated: Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2013 11:29 p.m. CDT
Caption
(Provided photo)
No one was injured after a woman woke up about 7:20 a.m. Wednesday to find a fire in her basement laundry room at 1626 Carlisle Lane.

DeKALB – A woman woke up about 7:20 a.m. Wednesday to a fire in her basement that caused about $70,000 in damages at 1626 Carlisle Lane, DeKalb Deputy Fire Chief Greg Hoyle said.

Firefighters arrived at the scene to find smoke billowing out of the front door of the ranch house, which is west of First Street and north of West Hillcrest Drive, Hoyle said. The flames were contained to the laundry room, but smoke damage was spread throughout the home.

Fire investigators determined the fire started near the electrical service panel in the basement near the laundry room. The homeowner reported hearing two large booms in the basement before discovering the fire, Hoyle said.

No injuries were reported.

Get breaking and town-specific news sent to your phone. Sign up for text alerts from the Daily Chronicle.

Watch Now

Player embeded on all DDC instances for analytics purposes.

Judge Denies Motion to Drop Rifkin Charge

More videos »

Reader Poll

When do you start your back-to-school shopping?
Already have
Will in the next week or so
The weekend before school starts
The night before school starts
Don't have any family members in school