The Rockford Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc. awards scholarships to African American senior high school females who plan to attend a college or university.
Scholarship funds are to be used for books, tuition, housing or fees. The qualifications are as follows:
• Be an African-American high school female living in Rockford, Beloit, Freeport, DeKalb and vicinity.
• Must be involved in the community and school.
• Have minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 2.5 or above (official transcript must be included.)
• Must include a typed essay.
• Must include with application packet, two mandatory letters of recommendation: One letter from a teacher, counselor or principal and another letter from an extracurricular or community service source.
• Participate in a personal interview (date, time and location to be determined after March 13; all qualified applicants will be notified by phone.)
Applications can be obtained from the following sources: All area high schools, public libraries and members of the organization or by sending an email to RACDSTscholarship@hotmail.com.
The application must be sent to P.O. Box 365, Rockford, IL 61105 and postmarked by March 13. The application must include all the above materials.
For more information, send email to RACDSTscholarship@hotmail.com.