Wild dogs killed boy, 2, who fell in zoo exhibit
PITTSBURGH – A 2-year-old boy who fell into an exhibit of African wild dogs was killed by the animals, not the fall, the president of the Pittsburgh Zoo said Monday, adding a horrific coda to a tragedy that has devastated staff and shocked patrons.
The boy’s mother had picked him up and put him on top of a railing at the edge of a viewing deck late Sunday morning when he lost his balance and fell, said Barbara Baker, CEO and president of the Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium.
There was a safety net below the railing, but it failed to catch him and the boy dropped more than 10 feet into the enclosure, she said.
If you have any technical difficulties, either with your username and password or with the payment options, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com