The DeKalb Chamber of Commerce and the Athena Committee recently announce the 2012 nominees for Athena and Women of Accomplishment awards.
The Athena Award recognizes an individual for business and professional accomplishments, for community service, and for serving as a role model to encourage women to reach their full leadership potential. The Women of Accomplishment Award recognizes those who embody the Athena criteria, but who are retired or no longer working.
The five finalists for the 2012 Athena Award are:
• Kay Chase – DeKalb County Health Department
• Erin Nolan – OC Imageworks
• Jennice O’Brien – Northern Illinois University
• Amy Polzin – Northern Illinois University
• Eva Rey – Gallagher Bassett Services
And the two 2012 Women of Accomplishment are:
• Micki Chulick – 4-C: Community Coordinated Child Care
• Rosalie Hewitt – Northern Illinois University
The Athena Award reception will be held Thursday at the Best Western DeKalb Inn & Suites in DeKalb starting at 6 p.m.
The public is invited to attend. Reservations cost $25 each.
Reservations can be made by calling the DeKalb Chamber of Commerce at 815-756-6306 or visiting www.dekalb.org.
Athena International is a program sponsored locally by the DeKalb Chamber of Commerce, DeKalb Sycamore Chevrolet Cadillac GMC and the Daily Chronicle.