To the Editor:
Morality in Media (White Ribbons Against Pornography Week) is Sunday through Nov. 3.
The White Ribbon Against Pornography (WRAP) Week is intended to educate the public about the extent of the pornography problem and what can constitutionally be done about it. Fighting pornography is a year-round challenge. Here are the activities an individual or group can do during WRAP week or anytime during the year:
1. Wear a white ribbon.
2. Make complaints to your U.S. attorney or state prosecutor.
3. Ask city, county and state legislators to curb “sexually oriented businesses.”
4. Make complaints to businesses that distribute or advertise pornography.
5. Write letters to the editors of local newspapers.
6. Inform your community by distributing literature or having a speaker or visit www.moralityinmedia.org.
7. Educate your community leaders about the harmful effects of pornography.
8. Ask religious leaders to address pornography as a spiritual problem.
9. Support those who are on the “front lines” in the war against obscenity.
Further information is available from Morality in Media Inc. You can call 202-393-7245, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.moralityinmedia.org.
Morality in Media chairwoman
Catholic Daughters of the Americas