Following is a list of area events sure to get Halloween fans in the spirit.
• Amenti Haunted House: 7 to 10 p.m. Sundays and Tuesday; 7 to 11:30 p.m. Fridays, Saturdays and Halloween, Oct. 19 to 21, 26 to 28, 30 and 31, Egyptian Theatre, 135 N. Second St., DeKalb. Adults: $13. Not recommended for children younger than 13. www.amenti.info.
• Creston Haunted Opera House: 7 to 10 p.m. Oct. 19, 20, 26 and 27, 204 S. Main St., Creston. Cost: Adults, $5; children 8 to 15, $3.
• "Terror in the Timber" Haunted Trail: 6 to 10:30 p.m. Oct. 26 and 27, Sannauk Woods in Somonauk, on Route 34 between Sandwich Airport and Somonauk Road.
• Downtown DeKalb Spooktacular: 1 to 3 p.m. Oct. 27 in DeKalb. Downtown merchants hand out candy to children who come in costume. Games and activities planned. www.renewdekalb.com.
• Discover Sycamore Downtown Trick-or-Treat: 4:30 to 6 p.m. Oct. 24 in Sycamore. Downtown merchants hand out candy to children who come in costume. www.discoversycamore.com.
• Kishwaukee FamilyYMCA Family Halloween Event: 4 to 8 p.m. Oct. 26 at the Northern Illinois University Convocation Center, 1525 W. Lincoln Highway, DeKalb. Tickets cost $1 in advance or $2 at the door. www.kishymca.org.
• Kishwaukee Symphony Orchestra Halloween Concert: 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Oct. 29 at the Boutell Memorial Concert Hall, 400 Lucinda Ave., DeKalb. Free. Trick-or-treating will begin at 5 p.m. in the NIU Music Building. www.kishorchestra.org.
• Pumpkin Train Rides: 5 to 9 p.m Fridays, 2 to 9 p.m. Saturdays and 2 to 8 p.m. Sundays through Oct. 31, at Waterman & Western Railroad, 435 S. Birch St. in Waterman. www.petestrain.com.
• Sandwich Sportsmans Club Haunted House: 7 to 11 p.m. Oct. 19, 20, 26 and 29 at 1011 Hartman Trail, Sandwich. Cost: $8. A children's matinee will be held from 2 to 4 p.m. Oct. 20 and 27. Cost: $6. www.sandwichsportsmansclub.com.
• Halloween Fest: 5 to 9:30 p.m. Oct. 20 at Plowman’s Park, 48W508 Hinckley Road, Big Rock. This free, family event has something for all ages: two haunted houses, stage shows, clowns, face painting, magicians, jugglers, haunted hayrides, bounce houses and games. There is a costume parade and a pumpkin-carving contest. www.halloween-fest.com.
• Creepy Crawly Halloween Party: 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 20 at Midwest Museum of Natural History, 425 W. State St., Sycamore. Trick-or-treat through the decorated museum, enjoying games along the way. Cost is $8 per person for children and adults; $6 for members. www.mmnh.org.
• 51st annual Sycamore Pumpkin Festival: Oct. 24 to 28. Parade steps off at 1 p.m. Oct. 28. Display of pumpkins on the DeKalb County Courthouse lawn begins at 4 p.m. Oct. 24. www.sycamorepumpkinfest.com.
• Halloween Extravaganza VII: 7 p.m. Oct. 27 at The House Cafe, 263 E. Lincoln Highway, and Otto's Niteclub and Underground, 118 E. Lincoln Highway, DeKalb. All ages can enter a costume contest, listen to bands, also in costume. Tickets cost $10 at the door, $7 for those in costume. 815-787-9547; www.kickstandproductions.net.
• Halloween Happenings: 2 to 4 p.m. Oct. 27 at Kiernan Park, 500 N. Locust St., Genoa. Free family event features games, rides, food and a costume contest. www.genoaparks.com.
If you have any technical difficulties, either with your username and password or with the payment options, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com