Fire damages DeKalb house
DeKALB – A malfunctioning boiler fan in a house at 254 Miller Ave. in DeKalb started a fire that caused about $200,000 worth of damage to the home Friday evening, DeKalb fire officials said Saturday.
The fire started in the basement in the evening, and it spread into the first-floor living room. The two occupants of the house were alerted to the fire when smoke detectors went off and were able to escape safely.
There were no injuries, but the house suffered structural damage and extensive smoke damage, according to a news release from the DeKalb Fire Department.
If you have any technical difficulties, either with your username and password or with the payment options, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org