SYCAMORE – A fire in the attic of a rural Sycamore home was extinguished quickly after firefighters arrived Monday morning.
Sycamore Assistant Fire Chief Marc Doty said the fire department received a call about 10:30 a.m. for the possible smell of smoke at a home in the 17000 block of Plank Road. Upon arrival, firefighters saw light, white smoke around the chimney and another location near the roof.
Homeowner Susan Bles said she smelled and saw smoke coming from the house and was able to get her children and dogs out of the house safely.
Doty said firefighters attacked the attic fire aggressively and had it under control within five minutes.
Fire officials continued to investigate the cause of the fire Monday.
Doty mentioned that blown-in insulation found in the attic tends to smolder more than burn.
The home still had power and remains livable, he said.